Sunday 30 March 2014

This Week { 30.3.14 }

This week has been ok-ish. I've kinda been feeling sorry for myself as I have had a weird virus, I think, where I have been feeling really lethargic and crampy. Which hasn't been fun... I'm feeling better today which is a lot more fun. It makes you lose your get-up-an-go so I haven't felt very enthusiastic about much during this week. Then I thought to myself, 'LAUREN! Snap out of it', so this weekend I put on my happy face, and my feeling better attitude and tried to make the most of it.

Print by AngelstarForever

Sam and I went to the Science and Industry Museum, for a flying visit, because neither of us are fans of loads of people and crowds. Then we drove to Twickenham to look for some materials for Sam, which ended up with us having a lovely pub lunch in the sun. YES! THE SUN! Definitely can't wait for more sunny days. WOO.

I have decided that the only way forward in life, is to make lists. Here's my list for this week.

Lauren's Life List 

1. Invest in a professional camera


I have been wanting to do this for years. I have SLRs but not digital. Currently going through the um-ing and ah-ing stage of which one to get. Current thoughts are the Nikon D3200 or the Canon 100D. Hummmmmmmmmm?????



2. Do more courses


I've found that I am normally at maximum happiness if I am really busy with plenty of projects. So with that in mind, here are some courses that I really want to look into:

I've bought two dress patterns to sew and one knitting pattern. I've put these simple mood boards together for fabric and colour choice. The knitting pattern is probably going to be the biggest challenge as it doesn't look like a simple pattern. But I think the key is just to give it a bash, you can alway unravel. 


Simplicity 1690
Simplicity 1755
Sirdar Bolero

4. Save, save, save


I have never been really great at saving. And when I say never, I really mean it! I managed to get a small sum of savings last year but when Sam and I moved into our new house, because we are both freelancers, we had to put a 3 month deposit down. OUCH! It meant that all savings were GONE. It was pretty depressing. And I just haven't managed to get back into the flow. So I am trying to make a conscious effort now to make saving plans and goals. Trying not to make them unachievable is important too. So I am going to see how it goes.

5. Do more, outdoors


Now that summer is on it's way and after our little outing yesterday, it felt really nice just to have no plan for the day but go out and see different parts of the country. I know this involves money, so I am going to have to try and make a conscious effort to keep No.4 in the front of my mind. But everything in moderation, right? I would love to do a day trip to the seaside! 

Well... That's everything currently on my mind. I am sure there'll be more. But hopefully soon, there will be plenty of 'professional' photos of my craft work up here soon. 

Until next week...

Lx






0 comments:

Post a Comment

UA-49970955-1